For how long do we process your personal data?
Your personal data are used by NOS only for the time necessary to achieve the purpose defined or, depending on what is applicable, until you exercise your right of objection, the right to be forgotten or you withdraw your agreement.
Following the respective retention period, NOS will delete or make the data anonymous, whenever this data should not be retained for the specific purpose that may continue to exist.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
For what lengths of time will personal data be used and kept?
||Examples of purposes (not exhaustive)
|Marketing and Sales
- Marketing or sale of new products and services
-Analysis of consumer profiles
- Adaptation and development of new products or services.
|Customer Management and Service Provision
- Management of contacts, information or requests
- Management of installation, activation or disconnections
- Management of complaints or breakdowns
- Management of invoicing debt recovery and payments
- Consumption analysis
- Recording of calls to prove commercial transactions and communications as part of a contractual relationship
- Recording of calls to monitor quality service
|Accounting, Tax and Administrative Management
- Accounting, invoicing
- Management of commissions
- Tax information, including the sending of information to the taxation authorities
- Legal and out of court debt collection
- Management of other conflicts.
|Detection of fraud, protection of revenue and auditing
- Detection of fraud and illicit practices
- Protection and control of revenues
- Credit risk management
- Internal audit and investigation
|Network and systems management
- Support and improvement of networks and applications that support service
- Service monitoring, improvement and support
Interconnection and roaming management
|Compliance with legal obligations
- Location of calls for emergency services
- Judicial requests to intercept communications
- Investigation, detection and suppression of serious crimes
- Answers to judicial, regulatory and supervision entities
|Information security control
Management of accesses, logs
Back up management
Management of security incidents
|Physical security control
||Video surveillance in premises, in particular stores
NOS uses and keeps your personal data according to the purposes for which they are used.
There are situations in which the law obliges data to be used and kept for a minimum period of time, namely:for one year, localisation and traffic data for investigations, detection and supression of serious crimes, or 10 years for data necessary in relation to information for the tax authorities for fiscal or accounting purposes.
But, in situations where no specific legal obligation exists, the data will used only for the period necessary to achieve the purposes that were the reason for their collection and preservation and, at all times in compliance with the law, and the guidelines and decisions of the CNPD.
Thus, NOS will process and maintain your personal data for the period during which a contractual relationship is maintained with you.
However, data traffic that are needed for invoicing, for example, destination and origin numbers of calls made, date and time of communication, duration of call, IP address and mac address, will only be kept for a maximum period of 6 months starting from the date on which the data were generated.
In relation to calls recorded, and according to the terms of the standard authorization, NOS will keep the recordings in order to provide proof of commercial transactions and communications as part of the contractual relationship for the time that the contract agreed between the parties is in force, plus the prescription and limitation period of 6 months.
NOS can also record and keep calls with the goal of monitoring service quality and based on customer agreement, but for this purpose the calls will only be kept for a maximum period of 30 days.
In relation to video surveillance in its premises and stores, NOS will only keep recordings of images and related personal data for a maximum period of 30 days.
NOS will keep other personal data for periods in excess of the duration of the contractual relationship, either based on your agreement, or to ensure rights or obligations related to the contract, or because it has legitimate interests that support so doing, but always for the period of time that is strictly necessary to achieve the respective purposes and in accordance with the guidelines and decisions of the CNPD.
Examples are: contact for purposes of marketing and sales, the preservation of data as part of invoice complaint processes, exercising guarantee rights, taking away equipment after disconnecting the customer or legal proceedings, during the time in which these are pending.